Pages

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Chicken and Pepper Fry with Roti

Hello Foodies,

How are you all doing today? I have been really busy yesterday with some religious activities since it is the last 10 days of Ramadan. I have been keeping myself busy with doing good stuff.. I hope everyone of you who belongs to my religion do perform good deeds in the last 10 days of Ramadan.

I have shared this link with only very close friends and brothers of mine. Razz, Shif, Isthi and Nazz. This is with the intention of helping them to taste home recipes as they are all away from home..

Today I am going to share a recipe which is my own discovery :P :P. I am really bad at naming dishes seriously.. so if any of you can suggest me a better name after trying the dish. Please feel free to do so :):). Would really appreciate it...

Well I named the dish I am posting today as " Chicken and Pepper Fry" well initially I named it "Dry Chicken and Pepper Curry" but felt it doesn't suit cos there is no gravy in this dish so I can't call it a curry :P:P. Obviously :):). Now, without wasting anymore time let me just get into the recipe.
 
So this is how it looks 

Chicken and Pepper Fry

 Ingredients

Chicken                                                           - 200g (well chopped into small pieces)
Tomatoes                                                        - 2 (chopped into small pieces)
Green chilies                                                  - 4 (chopped)
Leaks/Onion                                                  - 200g (chopped into small pieces)
Garlic paste                                                    - 1 tbsp
Ginger paste                                                   - 1 tbsp
Salt                                                                   - 2 tsp
Chili powder                                                   - 1 tsp
Pepper powder                                               - 2 tsp (adjust according to your taste)
Soy sauce                                                         - 1 tbsp
Oil                                                                     - 4 tbsp
Masala powder                                               - 1 tsp


Method

Add oil into a heated pan
Add ginger and garlic paste
Stir for a while
Add tomatoes and cook for 10 minutes until the tomatoes well cooked
Add masala, chili and pepper pwd
Add salt and  mix it well
Cook for 5 minutes
Add chicken  and mix it well
Stir it well to ensure that the mixture gets coated to the chicken
Add soy sauce and cook it for 10 minutes
Cook until all the water from the chicken evaporates 
Add green chilies and cook it for 5 minutes
At last add leaks/onions and mix it well
Cook for 5-10 minutes depending on how much you want the leaks/onion to be cooked
Remove from the fire


It can be served with rice, bread, roti or naan.

I used onions instead of leaks because of my non-preference to the taste and smell of leaks. You can use leaks if you like them. 

It tastes best with roti.. I am sorry I couldn't get a picture of the roti I made :):). Hence, I will share only the recipe here. :):)

It is an easy roti.. which can be made within an hour :P:P

Ingredients 
 
All purpose flour                                 - 500g
Water                                                    - 1 cup
Butter                                                    - 100g (you can use margarine as well)
Eggs                                                       - 2
Yeast                                                      - 2 tsp
Sugar                                                     - 2 tsp
Salt                                                        - 2 tsp


Method

Mix all the ingredients except egg and water in a large bowl
After mixing it well add egg and water
Make a soft dough
Keep it aside for half an hour until it doubles
After it doubles make it into small balls
On a rolling tray sprinkle flour and roll the roti
Toast both sides well in a hot pan

Try and give me your feedback as usual :)

Hope it comes out well

Take care :):)





 

2 comments:

  1. Awww this looks yummy!!! gonna try it iA :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try it and let me know.. it is really yummy with roti.. perfect for dinner.

    ReplyDelete